Friday 3 February 2012

Harry the Dirty Dog | どろんこハリー

Recently, I’ve been trying to do good things for my daughter, and to be more like a father. Finding and reading picture books has been one of my best guesses. I found a book (in Japanese) in which the author listed 150 picture books for children from 0 to 6 years. This book devotes each chapter for each age.
Time to time, I would like to share picture books which my daughter (currently two yrs old) liked.
どろんこハリー
どろんこハリー
Harry the Dirty Dog” | “どろんこハリー” is one of books my daughter liked. The story starts with the plot Harry grabs his brush and bury it in the garden just because he does not like to take a bath. Then he runs to the city and plays until his white fur turns black, so that nobody at his house recognises him. You can guess what he will do?
As well as the story, I like the illustration. Since many illustrators had some blood relation with their Jewish ancestors, I made a small research on the internet. I had to find out that the illustrator had no Jewish ancestor, but probably British-born parents who moved to the US.

No comments:

Post a Comment